Introducing the worlds' first wood burning generator / Turbine wood-stove
The NT/6 Enginerator
These photos were taken during the first ever trial run of the NT/6 gas producer section.
Update Aug. 21
This is NT/6 after the first test of the throttle system. Throttling worked, but not exactly as expected. The needed changes were identified and will be made this week. Run time was :30 min @ 10-15 psi with no gas leakage as before. The sound is deafening, an air intake silencer is needed. The test was aborted at :30 min due to a blown compressor discharge air hose. The full load of wood appears to be only blackened.
Update Jan. 20
Finally I have had time to get back to this important project. The new throttle system works great! We have also learned to put less fuel in at start-up for a cleaner more controlled burn. This thing works even better than I thought. see the new videos below....
NT/6 Highlights (proposed specifications)
- self starting.
- runs on wood, garbage or bio-mass (or anything else you can stuff into the combustor that burns and gives off good heat).
- totally self sufficient - can be run in remote locations without gas or diesel fuel.
- expected to produce around 2,000W continuous.
- DC output: 24V @ 80A
- AC output: 120 - 240V @ 50-60Hz (AC output will depend upon battery and inverter capacity)
- excellent source of warmth.
- fuel wood consumption: TBA.
- easy to maintain, (change the oil every few months)
- reliable, turbos are simple and last a long time.
More to follow. I have not begun working on the free turbine and generator system yet. (Too busy with other projects!)
Note: In most cases your computer will try to play these videos as they are downloading (streaming video). If your connection is not fast enough they will not playback smoothly. For slower connections Right Click on the video and choose "Save Target As". Save the video file to your desktop then play it from there.
NT/6 Tour (narrated).